Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Awe Factor of God and Orlando Update


I want to start this blog off a little differently. Instead of jumping right into what I have been doing the last couple of days here in Orlando, I want you to do me a favor. Go to:

http://crazylovebook.com/

And once you go there click on the video tab and watch the video titled “The Awe Factor of God.” To give you a heads up my next blog will be about Just Stop and Think video. So if you want to cheat watch that sometime soon.

I now assume that you all have watched this video. I think every time I watch it I find myself thinking “Wow, the God that created all of these Galaxy’s wants a personal relationship with me to bring his name glory.” His love has overwhelmed my life and is always refining my character of who I am in Christ daily. More than ever the enemy is trying to bring me down. It’s a raging battle that is going on daily due to the fact that he knows the Lord is stirring in me and even you a great plan to impact the kingdom. I am going to use something that I heard my dad say not to long ago in his message that has stuck with me since I heard it. When I wake up, I want the angels to salute me, while all of the demons and the devil are shouting oh no trouble has just woken up. But I wonder today even for myself, does the devil even flinch when I wake up? Does he even think that it’s going to be a fight today for himself? Its something that has stayed on my mind since the first time I heard it. Thank the Lord though even though the devil might think he has his way there is a higher force that one day the devil himself and all the demons will have to bow before the throne and declare that Our God is the one and only Savior of the World, the Holy and Righteous one that is worthy to be praised.

My prayer is that not only will you be reminded when you read this that Our God is Mighty to save and even though he did create massive galaxy’s for His glory, he desires to use you as a shining light for His ultimate glory. May your day be blessed by just taking a moment to stop and think of how wonderful the Lord has been and forever will be.

Back to an update of life. I am still here in Orlando, FL. Tuesday really was not filled with a whole lot of out of the extra ordinary for me to tell you about, but I will give you a brief synopsis of what went on. Woke up around 9 A.M. ate some breakfast and watched sportscenter. Sam went to a meeting at 11:45 so I just stayed around the house and got ready to do whatever when he got back. He came back and we went over to Sage’s where he and I fished for a little bit, but the fish weren’t biting at all so Josh (Sage’s Cousin from Texas) and I took a trip to Rainbow Snow Cone here in Winter Park. For all you people that love SnowBiz in Auburn, this place is like a New York Strip at Flemings compared to a T-Bone at Waffle House. Basically the point is that it is way better. After Rainbow Snow Cone we went to a place called Crispers to eat with the whole Steele Family (Betsy’s Family), Hirschy Family, a couple of Sage and Betsy’s friends from Nashville, Sam, and myself. This place was a good sandwich/salad place that was quick and easy. I saw The Dark Knight for the second time last night after dinner and that was how Tuesday rounded out to be.

Today was a big day in the life of Nathan Ring. I woke up and was off to the Mall at Millenia to the Apple Store at 8:30 A.M. to wait in line for the new Apple iPhone 3G. Getting there the line was already way out the door, so I just took my placement and waited patiently for a whopping 4 and half hours to get to the front of the line. That’s right somehow I waited patiently by myself for about 3 of those hours in line for a little new gadget. The guys in front of me were so different that I found myself dropping in on their interesting conversations filled with many funny but crude jokes. Sam waited in line with me for a little bit and was kind enough to bring me some Chick-Fila for breakfast but he had no reason to stand in line with me so he checked out. I finally got to the front of the line becoming really nervous at the time because at the Apple Store they tell you only account holders can purchase the phone. I knew all the answers to the questions they would ask me but was worried that somehow even though I have my dad’s name in my name they would tell me that I couldn’t get the phone. I found myself people watching the employee’s to see which one was going to be cool and then the older men who think there cool and trendy because they are working at the apple store who wanted a power trip with younger people like myself. The guy that ended up helping me was one of the people I labeled as cool. We went through with the process and about 20 minutes later my new phone was up and running as I walked out of the store. Sage happened to be in the mall at the time when I got my new phone so I met up with him and he drove me home. As I returned back to Sam’s, I put my old phone up for sale on Craig’s list and within 15 minutes I received a phone call from someone who wanted to purchase it. I ended up selling it to him for 300 dollars, which I was happy with because the new one cost me a little 200 after taxes. Sam, his mom, and I killed more time in the mall after selling my old phone until I picked up a publix sub for dinner and then just went to Sage’s to end the night. So now you are caught up with what has been going on here in Orlando.

At the request of Mr. Hirschy and Ned (Sage’s Uncle a.k.a. Dennis What?) I will add something in about the hog hunt that they have wanted me say something about after reading the blog. After it took me about five or six shots to kill the hog on about my 5th shot when I knocked it down for good even though it was still moving, I yelled out “See Ya.” The hog was not even dead yet but I was yelling that it was. It ended up being a good story to laugh about the rest of the day since it was the first animal I had actually hunted. Hope you enjoyed this long blog post! Thanks for continuing to keep up with me.

In Him,

Nathan

No comments: